Tools & Information On Our Insurance Process
We understand how difficult it is to figure out medical insurance coverage for therapy services for your child. At “Now We’re Talking” Pediatric Therapy Inc., we will help steer you through the insurance process to determine coverage, copays and more. Please see below for information on our insurance partners and questions you should ask your carrier.
In Network Insurance Companies
- Blue Cross Blue Shield (except Blue Value Silver, Blue Local, Blue Home)
- United/ UMR
- NC Health Choice
- Medicaid Managed Care
- Carolina Complete Health
- United Healthcare Community Plans of NC
- Healthy Blue
- AmeriHealth Caritas
We are Out of Network with Aetna and Tricare but can still bill as an out of network provider.
Questions For Your Insurance Company
Before beginning therapy, it’s essential that you contact your insurance company and verify your benefits. Some important questions to ask are:
- Is my plan In Network with “Now We’re Talking” Pediatric Therapy, Inc.?
- Do I have a copay or coinsurance? What is it?
- What is my deductible amount, and how much if any has been met?
- Does my deductible need to be met prior to therapy to be paid?
- How many therapy sessions are allowed? Are they combined with other disciplines?
- Is my ICD-10 code covered under my plan? (ICD-10 codes identify medical diagnosis and help insurance companies identify why the care or therapy by a specific provider is necessary. Once an evaluation has been completed, our therapist will determine the ICD-10 code specific for your child and will list it on the evaluation report. Once you have the ICD-10 code you can ask your insurance carrier if that specific code is covered under your plan. An example of why this is important; let's say you have BCBS, your plan says 'yes your plan covers speech therapy' BCBS DOES NOT cover and will not pay for speech therapy if your child has a developmental delay which is ICD-10 code F80.2.)